We’re looking for an Associate Pastor to lead Christian education ministries, missions and assist in other ministries. The ideal candidate has experience as a pastor, keen understanding of how people of all ages and cultures learn, as well as experience shaping educational strategies in a church setting. He has a passion for missions as well as experience in leading the church in worship.
- Refine and implement a Christian education strategy for the church that supports the overall church vision and mission.
- Ensure that effective attendance records (including contact information of all attendees) are kept and then loaded into the church management system for all Christian education ministries.
- Lead the process of choosing and implementing curriculum for all ages of the Christian education program.
- Provide leadership for planning and implementing children and youth events and classes.
- Oversee Awana and ensure that it aligns with the Christian education strategy.
- Work with the church’s children’s ministry volunteers to partner with parents in their children’s discipleship.
- Ensure that an effective children’s ministry security system is implemented within the church.
- Care for and oversee the church’s small group ministry
- Shepherd and care for the spiritual needs of volunteers under the Associate Pastor’s leadership.
- Create and execute a long term missions strategy that takes into consideration biblical teaching, the mission and vision of the church, the unique talents and gifts of church members and the needs of the church’s missions partners.
- Lead volunteers in establishing new ministries and equipping them to take over leadership and run the new ministry.
- Participate in other pastoral duties as needed (preach, lead worship, teach the Bible, weddings, funerals, counseling, etc.).
- Develop annual ministry budgets for Christian education, and other areas of responsibility and work within those budgets.
- Participate in one-on-one or one-on-two discipleship.
- Participate in all staff meetings and retreats.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s preferred (Th.M., M.Div. or Masters in Leadership or Christian Education).
- At least 5 years of experience teaching people of varying ages in a church environment.
- Demonstrated experience training and leading others in ministry activity.
- An ability to work with people of varying ethnicities, socio-economic levels, and generations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A growing Christian faith and character.
- Full agreement with Grace Fellowship’s Constitution and Statement of Faith and a commitment to our values, mission and vision.
- A lifestyle congruent with the biblical requirements for leaders (1 Tim. 3:1-13; 2 Tim. 2; Titus 1:5-9).
- A calling to pastoral ministry.